Do you know you can do self hypnosis? Some people will refer it as auto-suggestion. Hypnosis can be used on yourself with a few simple steps.
Here are 6 Easy Steps to Perform Self Hypnosis.
6 Easy Steps to Perform Self Hypnosis.
- Find somewhere quiet â€“ Find a place where you can sit and lie down comfortably. You will want to be with your own thoughts for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure your mobile phone, fax machine, instant messenger etc are turned off.
- Sit down or lie down, start taking deep breaths â€“ Take a few deep and long breaths. Breath in about 3 seconds and slowly exhale for about 10 seconds. Take about 10 deep relaxing breaths. If you need more breaths to relax, go for it.
- Relax you whole body â€“ Consciously notice the top of your head all the way down to your toes and relax them. Systematically, relax every part of your body. Relax your jaw, relax your shoulder, let your arms go limp, relax all your thigh musclesâ€¦
- Deepen your hypnotic trance â€“ When your body is relaxed, you will enter into a hypnotic trance. The next step is to deepen your trance. Count from 10 to 1, mentally drifting yourself deeper and deeper into the trance feeling.
- Work on your issues â€“ Now is the time use hypnosis to work on any of your issue. You can use a technique called â€œFuture Pacingâ€œ. See yourself in the future where you are the ideal person you want to become. Maybe you want to quit smoking, loose weight, success in business etc. Visualize yourself being in that stage. Put everything in a positive terms. Our mind works best with positivity.
- Bring yourself back â€“ Finally, when you are done with visualizing, bring yourself back into the real world. Feeling awake and refreshed. The easiest way to do this is to count upwards from 1 to 10. Have a quick stretch and open your eyes. Youâ€™re back!
The above are just a few quick simple steps to do self hypnosis. Hypnosis can produce a lot of great results. The key here is believe in it and to keep practicing.