Sneezing is one of the most popular problems all over the world, which affects each and every one of us - women, children and men alike. It is a sudden and uncontrolled burst of air through the nose and mouth.
Causes of Sneezing
There are various reasons for sneezing, including:
- Animal dander
- Climate changes
Symptoms of Sneezing
Sneezing is usually associated with lack of focus (or poor concentration), fatigue, stuffy nose, watery eyes and red eyes. Sneezing is only a small issue, but if it happens continuously, then it shows that you may suffer from some health risks.
Effective treatments for sneezing
There are a lot of simple and effective treatments for sneezing which can be tried easily at home.
Here are the top 8 effective home remedies for sneezing.
Ginger has the antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help to offer the fastest relief in the sneezing and the runny nose.
- Boil 2-3 cups of water
- Add 3 – 4 teaspoons of chopped ginger to the water.
- Pour 2 – 4 drops of raw honey to the water.
- Drink hot tea. Apply this effective treatment for sneezing before bedtime to stop sneezing at night.
Cinnamon is one of the most powerful spices which rapidly destroys the virus and bacteria that are responsible for sneezing.
- Cinnamon powder
- Mix 6 teaspoons of raw honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Eat this paste once daily to reduce the frequency of sneezing.
To get rid of sneezing, turmeric is a valuable consideration. It contains hydrated sodium calcium and curcumin that clear the bacteria that cause sneezing. You need:
- Turmeric powder
- Burn some pieces of coal
- Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder on burning coal.
- Breathe in this aroma totally.
Repeat this effective treatment for sneezing every day until you see the results.
Garlic can easily treat the respiratory infection due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It has also been shown that garlic is useful to get rid of the excessive sneezing caused by a bad cold.
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves
- Remove the upper skin of 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- Crush and grind them into a fine paste
- Inhale garlic's strong odor
Apply this effective treatment for sneezing every single day to get the best results.
5. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are supposed to be good for treating sneezing due to its antiviral properties. It can help to soften the hard mucus in the nose so that you can breathe easily. As a result, it helps reduce sneezing quickly.
- Fenugreek seeds
- Boil 2 cups of water for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Pour 3 - 5 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds to it.
- Strain the liquid well
- Consume it slowly
To get the best results, use this effective treatment for sneezing every single day.
6. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is one of the most powerful and valuable remedies in existence. It contains two active components: carvacrol and thymol, which is famous for anti-inflammatory properties to support your immune system, thus stop sneezing rapidly.
- Oregano oil
- Orange juice
- Mix a glass of orange juice with two or three drops of oregano oil
- Stir it well and drink this solution.
To get rid of sneezing and runny nose as soon as possible, apply this effective treatment for sneezing once or twice weekly.
7. Lavender Oil
It has been shown that lavender oil can help support your immune system and clear a stuffy nose quickly. It also keeps you far away from all allergies that cause uncomfortable symptoms like sneezing, a leaky nose or cough.
- Lavender oil
- Adding two or three drops of lavender oil into your fingertips
- Apply this oil inside your nostrils and massage slightly 1 – 2 minutes
- Wash your nose with warm water after 10 – 15 minutes
Repeat this process 3 – 4 times a week until you feel better.
8. Saline Solution
A saline solution can be used to treat a number of health problems, including sneezing. It can easily soothe irritated nasal passages and helps you clear nasal obstruction and treat sneezing. This is considered one of the most effective treatments for sneezing.
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Pour two cups of warm water into a bowl.
- Add three teaspoons of salt and ½ tablespoons of baking soda to it
- Stir well
- Apply 3 – 4 drops of this saline solution into your nostrils daily for at least seven days.
- Rinse your nose after 5 – 7 minutes.
- Repeat this effective treatment every single day to get rid of leaky nose ( or runny nose) and sneezing.