Reflexology, reflex therapy or zonal therapy is the practice of stimulating points on the feet, hands, nose or ears (called "reflex zones").
Based on the pseudoscientific belief that this massage would have a beneficial effect on an organ located elsewhere in the body.
According to reflex therapy practitioners, acupressure (oppression on specific, well-specified points) could alleviate numerous ailments such as back pain, neck pain, constipation, gastritis, menstrual cramps, asthma, and headache, among others.
We will reveal a method to massage your feet during the night & morning too. It does not take long for you to do it, so do not hesitate to put it into practice.
Benefits of Foot Massage
Promotes sleep: A massage of feet before bed can help you sleep better. A soothing and relaxing foot massage will help the body relax, improve blood circulation and relax nerves. These in turn promote a restful sleep.
Improves Blood Circulation: Due to lazy lifestyles, most of us do not use our foot muscles properly. In addition, improper footwear such as tight shoes prevent normal circulation in the feet.
Helps Relax: After a long day, the best way to relax is a soothing and relaxing foot massage, especially after a long day of walking and walking around, when our feet tend to swell.
Combat Depression: Foot massage and reflexology can also help combat depression. According to a 2010 study published in the Journal of Clinical Nursing, getting the hand massage or foot relaxing after the death of a loved one can help a lot to do with the stressful bereavement period. Foot massage offers comfort, helping people balance the need to cry and adapt to changes in life.
Make healthy feet: An easy way to keep your feet healthy and free from any kind of foot problems is a regular foot massage. It helps stimulate the muscles around your feet, reduces stiffness and reduces ankles pain or heels.
So what about for Foot massage in the morning
Importance of foot massaging of your feet in the morning has great benefits, as it activates and awakens the body to face the day with lots of energy.
How to do a Massage for the feet:
- Rub the inner edge of your feet with your knuckles rhythmically and vigorously.
- With the closed fist, it strikes the entire sole of the foot.
- Interlace the fingers with the toes and make circles by gently rotating the ankle.
- Finally, press with your thumbs a point that is on the bottom of the foot in the middle of the upper third.
It is possible to give massages at home to family or friends to relieve, for example, occasional back pain or temporary tension in the shoulders, although it would be advisable to first attend a course given by an experienced masseuse for the benefits to be lasting. There is no danger in treating some slight discomfort in this way, if the following is taken into account.
How to give the recommended relaxing massages:
- Try to give the massage in a quiet and warm place, without humidity or drafts.
- The receiver should lie on a firm, comfortable surface.
- It is convenient to create an environment conducive to relaxation; Gentle background music can be useful.
- Do not wear tight clothing or accessories that may affect your movement or hurt the patient (rings, wristbands).
- Keep a constant rhythm with the hands, making each movement naturally follow the previous one, while the physical contact with the person should be maintain from beginning to end, with at least one hand.
- Shortly interrupt the massage if you are tired or suffocated.
Do not massage when:
- The person has a fever or a viral illness.
- There are infections, bruising or inflammation.
- Recent muscle tears, fractures, or sprains.
So now, you know all the incredible benefits & process of foot massage. Check out best foot massager reviews too for better relaxation. Is it informational? Then, Share the post!