Neuro Linguistic Programming and hypnosis are essentially one in the same.
To be more precise, Ericksonian Hypnosis or Conversational Hypnosis are what neuro linguistic programming is all about.
The power to trigger a thought process or behavior that lays dormant in your unconscious can be life changing. It is believed that our conscious mind utilizes about 10% of the mind’s total capacity. The other 90% is the unconscious mind where all your memories have been stored along with all of life’s lessons.
This is where a majority of who you are is stored. Unfortunately, it is very difficult if not nearly impossible to tap into your unconscious mind whenever you want.
This is where neuro linguistic programming techniques come in to allow people to explore their unconscious minds with deliberate intention and understanding.
Our whole being has been influenced and shaped by a lifetime of experiences. During ages 0-7 we experience what is commonly known as the Imprint period when we simply follow the lead of our parents or caretakers and absorb those experiences to be stored away in our unconscious mind shaping the beginnings of who we will eventually become 30 years down the road.
These experiences can be viewed as a human version of computer programs that are used and then stored for possible later use. As we accumulate these experiences, we accumulate more of these computer type programs for our mind.
Between the ages of 7-14 we are in a phase called the Modeling period during which we begin to identify with those who share similar beliefs and values as we do.
At this stage in our lives, we look to identify with someone that we would like to be and start to reinforce those traits that we admire in others. Between the ages of 14-21 we are greatly influenced by our Peers. All of these experiences create many computer type programs in our minds that help us throughout life.
However, since life is not straightforward and simple, we are obviously going to experience things that conflict with our values from the past.
This phenomenon is known as Inner Conflict. Inner Conflict is often misidentified with having an inner monologue when trying to determine the best course of action.
This is kind of true but the true definition of inner conflict occurs in your subconscious mind. For example, if you grew up with ultra conservative parents and later on in life hung out with friends who exhibited more risk taking, you would have 2 conflicting experiences within your unconscious. The result is Inner Conflict. Most of us don’t even realize that this Inner Conflict exists within us.
Through Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), you can tap into these computer programs that are simply awaiting activation. As we mentioned earlier, it is very difficult,
if not nearly impossible to communicate with your subconscious unless you go under and altered state of awareness into your subconscious. NLP can trigger these computer programs in your mind to bring about positive changes in one’s behavior simply by tapping into your unconscious mind and activating these programs that you would like to have ready in your life.
There should be no divide between NLP and hypnosis since these NLP techniques are identical to hypnosis techniques.
Ericksonian Hypnosis Powerful Way to Hypnotise Using Conversational Techniques
What makes Ericksonian hypnosis different from the others? More commonly known as the conversational hypnosis, Ericksonian hypnosis is another
Different Types of Hypnosis Techniques and Inductions
Hypnosis is usually used as an adjunct remedy for any bodily and psychological illnesses. Doing self-hypnosis can also be suggested by medical practitioners to assist their sufferers get well from any emotional and psychological
How Do NLP And Hypnosis Work Together?
Hypnosis and NLP are two different concepts used for creating change, but they are also interrelated in many ways. NLP or neuro- linguistic programming is a set of techniques that is widely used
Hypnosis CDs - What Are They and How Can They Benefit Us
Hypnosis CDs contain 2 parts: 1. an induction – to help you to get into an optimal state of mind for programming your subconscious mind, and 2. a guided visualisation with techniques and
Past Life Regression Hypnosis - Explore Unconscious Minds
Past life regression hypnosis has bridged the gap between meditation gurus and the masses. The concept of past life regression has been around since the dawning of mankind. It is the belief that we can
Stop Smoking without Unwanted Side Effects
Can someone quit cigarette smoking with no unwanted side effects? Giving up cigarette smoking is difficult mostly because of the different unwanted effects that one could experience once you newly