It is no doubt that hypnosis has been the main point of attraction for many people and if you are very curious about it, then no one blames you. You may want to hypnotise someone in order to find certain answers or even yourself. With that in mind, in the following paragraphs, you will learn more about how to hypnotise yourself easily.
- First of all, you will want to make sure that you are comfortable. This means that you have to either lie down in your bed or on a very comfortable couch. Another thing is that you need to ensure that you donâ€™t need to go to the bathroom, you are not thirsty and that you also ate. Basically, what it all boils down to is making sure that there are as few distractions as possible. This means you wonâ€™t have to be bothered with IMs, phone calls, roommates and so on.
- At this point, you need to tell yourself how long youâ€™d like to stay in this trance. While there are no risks of remaining in the trance forever, you might want to impose a limit to your journey. Be sure you think about it well and then make a mental note of it.
- Youâ€™ll now have to think about a focus. This means that you have to choose something to focus your attention on without straining yourself too much. For example, if you chose to lie down, you might find that fixing your attention on a spot on the ceiling is perfect. Maybe a spiral will help you though and if that is the case, you can easily find such images on the internet. Stare at this objectpoint until you close your eyes.
- You need to take your breathing very seriously because this is vital for relaxation. This means that you have to breathe deeply out and in and then let it out slowly. If you analyse you're breathing a bit, youâ€™ll notice there is a point when youâ€™ll not breathe in or out. You should focus on it and expand it as much as possible.
- To hypnotise yourself you also need to visualise your state of trance. As you will get deeper and deeper into the trance, you should offer your mind an image that will symbolise your descent into the state of hypnosis. Popular examples are turning out all the lights in a room, descending a set of stairs and so forth. To give you some ideas about self-hypnosis, you will find there are many scripts you can find online, so be sure to check them out.
- Lastly, you need to make sure you let yourself drift. If there are no distractions around and if you manage to relax as much as possible, then you will reach a state in which you wonâ€™t be able to think consciously about the imagery you came up with or your breathing. After you have followed these steps, you will finally learn how to self-hypnotize. Good luck with itï¼
6 Steps on How to Hypnotise People
A lot of people want to learn how to hypnotise people, and there are plenty of reasons why you might learn this trick. You can use it as a way to entertain your friends, as a way to make yourself calm or to see if you can control someone. There are a few key steps that you should follow if you want to hypnotise someone and have it go well.
- Start by making sure that the person knows you are going to hypnotise them. This will help them get into the right mindset so it will be easier for you to do what you need to do. Hopefully, the person will trust you enough to let you hypnotise them without resistance. Get a feel for whether or not they have been hypnotised before so you can explain the process if they donâ€™t know what to expect.
- Have the person close their eyes and envision a happy place, some place mellow and comfortable. Use a soothing voice and try to time your speech with their breathing. Continue to elaborate what you have to say, using a lot of repetition.
- As they start to fall into a relaxed state, tell them to relax their whole body. It is common to ask them to start relaxing with their feet and move up to their calves, knees, waist, etc. until they are relaxed throughout their whole body.
- Gradually move into a set of instructions. Tell them that they will start feeling a heavy, relaxed state which will get stronger and stronger. Let them know that this feeling will send them into a peaceful state where they will be hypnotised.
- Watch the personâ€™s breathing and body language, repeating specific cues or staying in different parts of the instruction as needed for them to get to the calm peaceful state you need. When you note that they appear to be in the proper mindset, let them know that they will stay in this state until you bring them out of it. Tell them that they can accept suggestions while in this state that they are willing to accept and are for their benefit.
- Once they are hypnotised you can provide suggestions for their behaviour. You should not try to scare them or put pressure on them. Simply provide light-hearted suggestions and provide reassurance that they are safe while in this state.
You can conclude a hypnosis session at any time by having the hypnotised person stop this imaging. Tell them that you will count to five and they will wake feeling refreshed and fully alert. This is usually enough to bring a person out of a state of hypnosis without difficulty.
If you want to know more about how to hypnotise a person check out the guide below. You can learn more about specific techniques that you can use to hypnotise people or use hypnosis as a therapy tool for yourself. Once you know how to use hypnosis you will be surprised how often it comes in handy.