Anxiety disorders affect many people across the world and can include things like phobias, obsessive compulsive disorders and even panic attacks.Anxiety affects lead to stress, which if neglected, can cause severe health and emotional disorders. Stress, being a serious issue, must be dealt with immediate attention.
Perhaps, the first point of contact can be a doctor who would prescribe a proper counseling or medication or you can join expert support groups where you can share your problem and be relieved. But there can be a different approach to it as well. Yes, you can try the self-hypnosis way.
Now what is self-hypnosis and how it works? Well, self-hypnosis is a method that can help you get over with anxiety and stress related disorders. The word hypnosis comes from a Greek word “hypos” which means sleep but generally in the process of self-hypnosis, the person is not in a sleeping state but is aware of everything being said and done. There are many ways in which self-hypnosis can help people get rid of stress and anxiety and in this article we will try and discuss some of these methods.
Here are 5 simple ways you can try out self-hypnosis for stress and anxiety:
- Sit in a comfortable posture with your legs and feet uncrossed and relax. Keep your eyes fixed at a place and take a deep breath. Tell yourself that you are tired and your eyes are heavy and you want to sleep. Let your eyes close and relax in a neutral position. Count from one to five and with every count, loosen yourself. Try to repeat till your eyes are closed and you feel relaxed.
- Sit in a comfortable posture with your legs and feet uncrossed and relax. Allow your body to lose and think of a quiet and calm place you always wanted to visit and think that you are there. Feel the gush of the fresh breeze and be lost in the lap of nature. Close your eyes slowly and relax and you will soon find yourself in the state of hypnosis and when you open your eyes, you will feel fresh and energetic.
- Sit in a comfortable posture with your legs and feet uncrossed and relax. Focus your eyes on a spot till your eyes become strained and can no longer stay open. Count from 1 to 20 as many times as you can and when you are in a state where you cannot count any further, you can then stop and relax, keeping your eyes closed. Try to feel that you are relaxed and peaceful. Be in this state for ten minutes and then slowly open your eyes and you will definitely feel better.
- Sit in a comfortable position and try to take a deep breath, twice. Now try to imagine you floating on a cloud. Feel the peacefulness and calmness as you touch the clouds and try to sense and feel the squishy touch. Relax yourself for ten minutes and then try to come back. You will feel much fresher with all the stress gone.
- Try and record a narrative of your own where in you describe of a calm and soothing place or event. Play it in the background while you sit on a chair, relaxed. Close your eyes and let your voice guide you. Lose yourself for some time. After 10 or 15 minutes, open your eyes and feel the difference.